We are thrilled to announce the v0.12.0 release of Chocolatey Central Management. This update closes 53 issues, reflecting our commitment to refining Chocolatey Central Management for you.
Discussed below are the main changes included in this release, but we also have a full set of release notes available providing more detail.
Deployment Plans: Your Way
In response to user feedback, we've added the ability to create Deployment Plans from pretty much... anywhere! Creating Deployment Plans is now a breeze with enhanced flexibility. Whether you're targeting a single outdated package on all affected Computers, all outdated packages on one or all Computers, or even creating Deployment Plans directly for a specific Computer or Group – the power is in your hands.
Duplicate Groups and Deployment Steps
Save valuable time by duplicating existing Groups and Deployment Steps effortlessly. Need another Deployment Step identical to an existing one? A simple click on the "Duplicate" button effortlessly replicates all the required information.
Insightful Group Details
We've heard from our users that in some cases, due to permissions, it was not possible to see the details of a Group. In this release, we've created an enhanced Group Details screen that will report on all of the Groups and Computers contained within the Group, as well as any additional Group-specific information.
The Dashboard now offers crucial insights:
- The number of Computers that haven't reported recently.
- Total Deployment Plans in Draft, Ready, or Active states.
And the best part? We provide a "Last Updated" feature, ensuring you're always viewing the most current information.
Bug Fixes and User Interface Polishing
We have addressed issues like user impersonation, unnecessary permissions cluttering the user interface, and date format inconsistencies. We've also polished the user interface, ensuring a more consistent and visually appealing experience.
Our documentation has undergone meticulous review to ensure correct capitalization and usage of terms like "Deployment Plan" and "Deployment Step".
Curious for more details? Explore the complete release notes for a comprehensive look at all the changes.
- #news 64 Number of post with tag news
- #press release 51 Number of post with tag press release
- #chocolatey for business 41 Number of post with tag chocolatey for business
- #packaging 18 Number of post with tag packaging
- #open source 15 Number of post with tag open source
- #12 days of Chocolatey 2023 12 Number of post with tag 12 days of Chocolatey 2023
- #tutorial 12 Number of post with tag tutorial
- #chocolatey community repository 8 Number of post with tag chocolatey community repository
- #chocolatey central management 6 Number of post with tag chocolatey central management
- #chocolatey cli 6 Number of post with tag chocolatey cli