Discussed below are the change highlights included in this release but we also have a full set of release notes available.
If you use Chocolatey Licensed Extension you will need to install v3.1.0 of Chocolatey Licensed Extension to use all the new functionality that has been added to Chocolatey CLI v0.12.0.
Choco Template Command
choco new command allows you to use more than just than the standard Chocolatey template. You can install custom templates from the Chocolatey Community Repository or create your own. To create a new package from a template you'll you need to specify it by name each time. To make the package template the default requires some file system manipulation and is not a good user experience. We have added a new
defaultTemplateName config option that you can use to set the default template.
We have also added a new
choco template command that allows you to list the package templates you have installed using the
choco template list command and get information on specific templates using the
choco template info --name <TEMPLATE NAME>.
Chocolatey and Non-Windows Systems
We have completed a lot of work to get Chocolatey working on non-Windows systems such as Linux which will aid a lot of our users in their DevOps pipelines. With Linux being the primary operating system of choice for containers, it makes sense for us to enable our users and business customers to use their existing Linux container infrastructure. While Chocolatey is The Windows Package Manager, it can run package admin operations on Linux and install / upgrade templates. We have also officially released our Chocolatey Docker containers for both Windows and Linux.
For more information on the breaking changes, features, improvements and bug fixes that were included in this release, please see the release notes.
- Check out the documentation.
- Learn about other features available in Chocolatey for Business.
- Contact us to find out more and setup your evaluation of Chocolatey for Business today.
About This Post
- #news 57 Number of post with tag news
- #press release 46 Number of post with tag press release
- #chocolatey for business 23 Number of post with tag chocolatey for business
- #open source 11 Number of post with tag open source
- #chocolatey community repository 7 Number of post with tag chocolatey community repository
- #packaging 6 Number of post with tag packaging
- #how to 5 Number of post with tag how to
- #chocolatey central management 4 Number of post with tag chocolatey central management
- #announcements 3 Number of post with tag announcements
- #azure 3 Number of post with tag azure