We are very happy to announce the release of version 0.6.0 of Chocolatey Central Management! This is a major overhaul of the underlying framework technologies that CCM is built on.
Discussed below are the main changes included in this release but we also have a full set of release notes available.
Updated Target .Net Core Framework
All components of Chocolatey Central Management (database, service, and web) have been updated to use .NET Core 3.1. Previous versions of Chocolatey Central Management used .NET Core 2.2 which was supported to only December 2019. When we switched to .NET Core 2.2, it was believed that it would be supported for a longer period of time, but instead .NET Core 3.1 was released, which is supported through to December 2022.
Within this release, all the existing functionality on Chocolatey Central Management remains intact, but we get the extra security and performance benefits by upgrading to .NET Core 3.1.
This is a breaking change in how audit logs are retained within Chocolatey Central Management. Audit history will begin to be removed as soon as you install version 0.6.0. If you want to retain all audit logs, we would recommend that you first back up the entire database before upgrading to version 0.6.0.
In an attempt to control the size of the Chocolatey Central Management database, it is now possible to control the retention policy for the audit logs table within the Chocolatey Central Management application.
For additional information on enabling/disabling this feature, as well as controlling the length of time (in days) that audit logs should be retained for, check out the docs.
For more information on the features, improvements and bug fixes that were included in this release, please see the release notes.
Additional 0.6.1 Release
Shortly after releasing version 0.6.0 of Chocolatey Central Management we identified an issue which prevented the installation of the chocolatey-management-service package under a specific, but unusual, environment. The issue was quickly resolved and version 0.6.1 of Chocolatey Central Management was published. Please see the release notes for further information. Note that no changes to the functionality of Chocolatey Central Management were made for this 0.6.1 release.
- Check out the documentation.
- Learn about other features available in Chocolatey for Business.
- Contact us to find out more and setup your evaluation of Chocolatey for Business today.
About This Post
- #news 58 Number of post with tag news
- #press release 47 Number of post with tag press release
- #chocolatey for business 24 Number of post with tag chocolatey for business
- #open source 12 Number of post with tag open source
- #chocolatey community repository 7 Number of post with tag chocolatey community repository
- #packaging 6 Number of post with tag packaging
- #how to 5 Number of post with tag how to
- #chocolatey central management 4 Number of post with tag chocolatey central management
- #announcements 3 Number of post with tag announcements
- #azure 3 Number of post with tag azure